Wednesday, June 11, 2008

French places: a nice cocktail bar

Yesterday after work I met with some friends there:
http://www.experimentalcocktailclub.com/
I had 3 different cocktails, all very good. Very good as in "oh yeah, this is really nice", very good as in feeling the difference between a regular wine and something richer, or very good as in feeling the difference between a a crappy heavy summer day and a rare beautiful spring day in Pittsburgh.

Santé !

1 comment:

David in Setouchi said...

I gave it the "3 cocktail test".
I order three cocktails:
- a Sidecar
- a Vodka dry martini
- a Manhattan...

The results:
-The Sidecar: Quite interesting... I'm more used to "lemony" sidecars, this one was more cointreauish, but it was very good.
-The Martini: A bit disappointing I must admit. Maybe I should have asked for a dirty one.
-The Manhattan: simply the best Manhattan I've ever had, I can't even start to describe it...

So, it passed the test, especially because of the "extras" that is the bartender and the music..
The bartender kicked ass, and not because she was hot, but because she was very knowledgeable in mixology (more than me, and this is what I expect from a bartender... because believe me, there are many bartenders in Paris that are quite ignorant in the domain) and no showing off at all about it...

The music: Metric and The Postal Service in a Paris bar... nuff said...