Aaah, the subway… I said it many many times now : I HATE THE METRO ! I feel much better coming home now that I use the Velib’ more often (I counted 6 trips so far).
On my metro petpeeves list, we can add:
- Arriving on the platform when a train is already there: It is not possible to get to a door (and get in) because one has to fight against the people coming out and trying to access the hallway. It’s basically similar to swimming against the tide. It’s a very bad feeling to think that you could avoid waiting for the next train and no! you will have to because there is a throng of people between you and your prize.
- Crazy people: yesterday a man was moaning and THEN he went to the doors while they were closing and put his hand between the doors ON PURPOSE. Some guys helped him out and he sat down and continued his journey…
- Noisy seats: there are smaller recliner seats in the “lobby” area of a subway car; (lesson: One is not supposed to use them when the metro is full.) Some of them have broken springs resulting in a noisy BAM BAM BAM BAM whenever people seating on them are suddenly standing up. Hate that!
Little things I have noticed:
- There is such a thing as subway fashion. On the Line 1 and 14, people are dressed very smartly with suits… no such thing on the 4 and 9. It is due to where those lines are going and basically the type of industries in those areas.
Sometimes something nice happens… I will leave that for another story
No comments:
Post a Comment