Sunday, April 10, 2011

I was in London

Last week I went to London for a work event and stayed over for the weekend.
Weather was great, and even though it's been a while I had time to spend in this city, I didn' t do a typical tour. I opted out for greeneries and calm.


Well... that's not totally true. I did go to the British museum to look at the Rosetta Stone. It seems that it as French High School week for travelling to London and the French kids in the museum were really annoying. So I looked at what I wanted to see and left for Regent's park.


 Saturday, I took a train to Hampton Court and spent a day there. A movie was going to be shot in the next few days and the courtyard was setup as a market.

There is a medieval Tudor side and a more baroque one. Obviously there are gardens on all side, very different from each others. There is even a maze !



On Sunday, I went for a very long walk in Hyde's park and Kensington gardens.
 This is the Princess Diana's memorial fountain.
Little details I noticed and random thougths:
- really high heels, skirts way to short, bare legs for girls to go out.
- people don't care, don't mind if you bump into them. 
- I love the steel plates on the street.
- is there a wedding taking place soon ?
- way too many French kids with high hormones levels.
- beautiful weather, yes ! really !
- I still love English sandwiches and English breakfast and vinegar crisps
- I am annoyed that I have to use Pounds
- I forgot to get the M&S Assam tea
- ...




No comments: