
I was fortunate to meet two modern heroes complete with powered horses this week.
First, once upon a time, on Wednesday the train was not running from work back to Paris. Some people had invaded the way near Paris and no train was running. I called a friend leaving near by. The idea was to have a drink while waiting for the situation to pass. He was at yet an other friend's, he picked me up, eventually some one else showed up and the drink turned into a BBQ and it got late. He offered a ride home which I greatly appreciated and I had a great fun evening. Thank you.
The Second hero I encountered Friday. I had to leave my office to get a train back to Paris to meet a major donor. To get to the station I first needed to grab a bus.
I could see from afar that the bus was arriving. I sprinted but wearing heels I was not too efficient. I was across from the bus stop when the bus came/stop/left... Without me. A car stopped and the driver offered me a ride to the next stop or the train station. The car was clean, the guy looked normal, instinct gave a 'OK'. He said he saw something sprinted and was wondering why. He was on campus to lunch with a friend. It was Friday and was not in a hurry.
There was no way to pass the bus so he drove to the station. I don't know his name.
Of course I do not recommend to always get into stranger's car but it's good yo know you can count on people and friends
Thank you friend and stranger!
- Posted from RER B
No comments:
Post a Comment