It is traditional for the firemen to organise a bal, a dance, to raise money the day before the 14 juillet. You usually have the top 40 pieces but also musette (traditional french music with accordeons), 80s stuff, EVERYTHING is played to appeal to everyone.
and the firemen in Paris are all military guys and oh, so cute!
On Bastille day, I went for a BBQ + board games with friends
2 comments:
Do "bals des pompiers" exist in Grenoble?
I keep on hearing here and there that they're a French tradition, but I've never heard of them before moving to Paris. So I was wondering, do people once again mix up Paris and France, or is it just in the South West that they don't exist?
"bals populaires" of course do exist in the South West, but they're organized by the city council and/or non-profit organizations, not by the firefighters.
Ok, so first I would like to say how proud I am that another piece of our culture that made it to France is the YMCA song...I guess it is one of the more refined options...
Oh wait, did you say something about cute fireman/military men? Where are those pictures??
I love reading this Celine..makes me feel like I am in Paris - and one day when I make it there I will know where to go and what to do!! Everyone misses you and hope you come back to visit soon!!
Post a Comment