Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last week was dedicated to ... me !

On Monday night I went to a reading of "un roman Français", Frédéric Beigbeder's newest book. I didn't know what to expect: i add read none of his books before, even though he is uber famous and acclaimed in France. I had been very annoyed by all the publicity and media frenzy around the release of the latest novel. It is about his life and his memories that came back to him while in prison for 2 days. Everyone was saying how great the book was, how touching... blahblah... I didn't get it, and it didn't really make me want to. But thanks to David , I had a chance to attend the public event, where the author selected a few chapters to read and I did get it...I think. We'll see when I read the book that I had signed to me :-)
On a side note, the place was full of French "people".
On Saturday I attended an other event, that 18 years old would qualify are litteray, but i wouldn't. It was Festiblog again. This year I didn't line up for hours to get a drawing.
I went into a public garden to meet with Pierrot.
Then I picked a short line to meet someone I didn't know. What a good choice! I think I had a girl crush :-) It was the line for Lucile Gomez. She was nice and sweet and soooo pretty. I got her book which she also signed and decorated with a cool princess. Her style is not clean but very poetic, I love when she does psychedelic stuff...

Side note 1 : At one point I chatted with some girls who explained to me that I wasn't really a geek if I prefered to spend my sunday cooking for friends and running errands instead of lining up again at Festiblog. The good thing is that they didn't seem to realize that I was almost twice their age.
Side note 2 : I am afraid that for this generation, a reality TV personality is a star of a Clint Eastwood caliber, and Boulet (and co) are artists as much as Bilal is...

No comments: