Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome to FakeVille-In-France

I wanted to shop today in order to celebrate my official new job. I have heard many times about an outlet center in the suburbs, next to DisneylandParis...of course I had to eventually try it.

Getting out of the R.E.R train station, one steps onto the main street of a small real town, that was built a few years ago. It looks as French as Many Street USA in the Magical Kingdom looks like a real American street.To sum up , it is French, it looks French, it's real, but way too good looking and proper and clean... This town gets a LOT of professional tax money from Disney. They have money for nice infrastructure, buried electrical lines, cleaning crews...

There is a real mall next to the station. It is huge and pretty complete with a hypermarket (bigger than a supermarket), and the necessary French brands are there. I imagine King of Prussia would be like this, but American.

There is a food area, which could be considered a food court but France hasn't felt the need to allow people to seat wherever they want and let every member of a family to choose food from wherever they want...

After the mall, outside there is a row of cottages (again, real houses, but fake village) housing the outlets of some luxury brands (Céline, Zadig et Voltaire, Lancel, Villeroy&boch, Christian Lacroix)... It is definitly cute and a nice way to shop. The goods are 30% cheaper than in Paris, usually there are from last seasons collections... today there was an additional 50% on some purses and accessories at MaxMara.

I always wanted to own something "Céline", and today as a reward to myself, i bought a pair of red opentoe pumps.

1 comment:

David in Setouchi said...

Remind me to never got there...